Yes, we live in San Diego, right on the coast, and the beach works beautifully for family photo sessions no matter what time of year.
But it is fall, and, especially with the anticipation of cooler weather, you may be getting that… feeling.
You know the one.
Common signs include pulling out your apple/cinnamon/hazelnut/pumpkin/latte/spice/whatnot candles from the back of your closet, and staring longingly at pretty sweaters on display, envisioning how they’d look with your booties.
You may also find yourself happily proclaiming, “it feels like fall!” or googling “apple picking Julian,” or wondering how much longer you’ll need to keep shaving your legs.
If this sounds like you, and you’re planning a photo session, the beach just won’t cut it.
You want FALL. 🍁
As a San Diego family photographer, I’ve found some beautifully seasonal locations you’ll love.
Here they are, the best spots for fall photos in San Diego:
1) This little section of Balboa park, pictured below. Guys, I’ve never seen another photographer use it, and plentiful free parking is literally 30 feet away. And just LOOK at those rich warm tones!
2) Mount Laguna. There are a couple of things I love about Mount Laguna this time of year:
And take a gander at this location:
3) Mission Trails Regional Park: an annual favorite round these parts, you might have to wait in line for a spot this time of year (I’m only half-joking), but there’s a reason. You can choose from a pretty forested area, a rustic meadow surrounded by hills, or both:
4) This centrally located park. If you like rustic fields of gold and brown, plus white picket fences, this is the one for you:
5) Did I say the beach isn’t very fall-y? I take it back. Check out this cornucopia of warm fall loveliness, especially when paired with a rich fall wardrobe, like this family has wisely done for their session.
Yes, this is the beach:
If you love the connected and emotive beauty of these photographs, see my session and pricing details here, and contact me here to discuss booking your own snuggly fall session. September 2023 is fully booked, and October has only a few dates left, so don’t delay! 🍁🍂